Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Super Human

The title does not refer to me. Yesterday I went snorkeling. This is sometimes awesome, often frightening, and somewhat generally way the hell out of my comfort zone, which is something you're supposed to do periodically. It's good for you! So is cabbage but I hate that too.

Today I saw the dermatologist. He said I'm perfect. My barista said the only person who ever said he was perfect was his mother. I wisely said nothing, though I tried. Saved by the next customer, not by any common sense I may or may not have.

I am procrastinating. You can help me do this by never visiting this page. There were 22 views last month and before that over 300. Apparently this month I have turned into chopped liver. Thanks so much.

I have three short stories I intend to offer to two different online epublishers. The first time I did this they snapped it up. This put terror in my heart and paralysis in my motivation. This is backwards.

Sunday we went on the Trilogy's Blue'Aina, which is a boat trip to a reef we snorkel or dive at and clean up. We also get breakfast and lunch and it's a reasonable charge, plus the profits go to a different nonprofit each time. It's awesome. I admitted to one of the crew that I do it but I'm still somewhat scared every time. While I was out in the water, I happened to come up near him, where he was sitting on a surfboard watching, and I dunno, I guess if you ever felt really protected and taken care of, that would express how I felt. Besides the fact that I probably look like a frog fish when I'm in snorkel gear, but that's beside the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment