Wednesday, April 30, 2014

GAH

It's no secret that we moved five or so years ago from a big house on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State to a 640 square foot condo on Maui, 300 feet from the ocean. Yes, there are downsides as well as pluses and right now one of the noisy ones is approaching our door for the third time today; yard boy with a weed-blower. One which is belching exhaust befitting a drag race between the two worst-kept old cars you could find, driven by betel-nut chewing drunks. He's on his hands and knees with this device.

It's no secret either that I can't concentrate at the best of times. Right now I'm doing this and I'll tell you why* in a minute (if I remember), adding music to my IPod which deleted itself last week, doing some online shopping, looking to see if my two current favorite bands (The Protomen and the Raveonettes) have new music out (no, dammit) and backing up files AND weeding photos AND procrastinating uploading stories to several hopeful markets. I mean I'm hopeful.

Fellow writer (but probably better and certainly more computer savvy and professional) Andrew Jericho is sponsoring me on his page as of tomorrow, for which I'm very grateful. See here*: http://akkinley.com/author-feature-emery-c-walters/?preview=1&_ppp=84354d76db

I barely know how to update this page. Or get to my gmail, however, if you want to talk to me or tell me how terrific I am, you can find me on Facebook too. I have no secrets and I'm friendly, most of the time.

Yesterday there was a turtle on the beach, resting. Of course nobody knew why it was there and at least six different people called other different people to let the 'pros' know. They already knew so were not returning calls so .... well it got complicated. Three other turtles were hanging around as well. Two of the people I talked to were beach-dwellers (as opposed to 'homeless'), one from Austria and one from the Ukraine 'via Canada'. The turtle - she in this case - had suffered a huge bite where one flipper goes into the body but it is, per the experts, healing well.

I feel a trip to Starbucks is in my immediate future and I promise to get at least one story sent off today. I may share my 'real' life with the world here and on Facebook (and as little in person as possible, talk about your introvert), but I also need and deserve to share my fictional life as well.

That said, go do something nice for yourself, because no matter where or when you are along your own path, (insert really important and helpful comment here) - you deserve the best - and you ARE that best. Trust me on that - and trust yourself, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment