Monday, April 14, 2014

'Normal'?

I posted yesterday and it disappeared. Story of my life. Today I'm off to the bookstore where I actually throw books in the dumpster. Isn't that an awful concept? But if they're moldy, mildewed and home to bugs, out they go. It amazes me that on a small island like this, there are always more books, but then, there are also always more cats too. The best part is finding treasures that never seem to show up in the 'real' bookstores, including well written young adult novels. You can tell when one is patronizing or preaching, and when one is educational and open.

One of our local homeless, 'Shades', has written a screenplay which he hopes to get funding for. In the meantime he's trying to film a scene to put up online. Yesterday he told me, laughing at himself, that as he was being filmed another friend of his came up and loudly announced, "I got food poisoning at Fred's (a local Mexican restaurant) last night." On camera. Shades' idea of going to the beach includes his guitar and a bag of weed, but he's still funny as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment